Monday, July 6, 2009

The 4th of July

We spent it at home this year for many reasons- like avoid crowds and it was in the 90's all day (and muggy). At some point during the day, James came up with the awesome idea to watch fireworks on our roof! So, he borrowed a latter from work and we did just that. Watching him climb up a latter like it was moving a pillow on a couch was misleading for someone that's afraid of heights. I was terrified, but I did it! To be perfectly honest, I'd much rather be in labor all over again than to climb down a latter! While up on the roof, we got to see fireworks all around us- from the Tacoma waterfront to Ft. Lewis and the surrounding areas. It was great. For safety reasons Will did not go up with us... he actually was in bed. Meanwhile, Snoball was freaking out big time! He calmed down once we were both back inside.
Other than that, we just relaxed this weekend. Well, we did find a buyer for the Rabbit!

Today, July 6th, is the grand opening of one of my all time favorite restaurants- Red Robin!! I've been watching them build it since February and now it is finally THE day! Yeah, yeah, yeah... I know, but if you've ever had a Whiskey River BBQ Chicken salad, you'd understand.

Well, I hope you all enjoyed the weekend! Here are some pictures. :)
View from the top.
The gnarly roof












No comments: