Sunday, November 14, 2010

Catch up time

Its been a couple months... oops!

Not sure where to start as a lot has happened, but nothing too life changing.

Well, in the past few months Will was diagnosed with speech and language delay (about a year behind). Which affects his behavior and ways of communicating. He may also have Apraxia of speech (related to how the muscles in the mouth work and behavior). For a few weeks in September, he had a speech therapist working with him and he responded rather well. He ran out of visits and we were told that Tricare had to approve more. I've been calling and going in person to their office and EVERY time (different days and time of day) the person in charge of his case is never there. On top of that, I can't get a hold of the speech therapist. So, I've been working with him myself and have seen a great improvement! He's able to communicate with simple sign language and words in sentences of 2-4 "words". His behavior is changing as well (for the better).
Aside from that, I've been trying to potty train Will. He's getting good about no accidents, but still won't use the potty (he refuses to use it for that, but loves to use it as a step stool). So, I'm just taking baby steps with him.
For a solid month he went without a pacifier, but then found one stashed away (I think in the couch) and its been a slight battle since. So, starting today I'm going to have him go cold turkey! Bedtime should be fun. :)

Let's see... Baby #2 is doing great! At the last appointment (24wks) my fundal height measured big- 26.5cm when its suppose to be 24cm. It could mean that Baby is going to be big or that Baby was in a weird position. (I'm going with big!) My weight gain at that point was only 8lbs total!! My doctor was thrilled about that and I am, too. Blood pressure is still staying low.
One thing that I am so happy about is I can still see the veins in my feet and my wedding ring still fits (actually loose)!! No swelling problems like with Will. I am so thankful for that!
This week marks 28wks and the start of the 3rd trimester. Which means I get to go drink the wonderful glucola drink (we go way back and I absolutely hate it) and get gobs of blood work done.

One of the things I requested to have checked was my blood type. Why? Well, my entire childhood I was an "O+" and when I was pregnant with Will I was an "AB+". Then this past December I was an "A+". When I was told what my blood type was a month ago, I darn near fell off the table laughing! My doctor was completely muddled and shocked by this. She looked in my records and sure enough, confirmed what I said. So, I shall find out in two weeks what's my blood type of the year!

Otherwise, we are all doing good. We miss family and changing seasons a lot, but are still enjoying Guam.

I think that is the majority of what's been going on with us. :)
Last week I did a photo shoot of Will for Christmas stuff and LOVE the pictures! Now, I need to get them printed off- then I'll post them here.

Here are some pictures of the past month... I have more, but my laptop is on strike!
 Halloween 2010... James as Fat Bastard.
 Will and Caiti as Pebbles & Bam Bam





26wks and some odd days.

No comments: